My husband would always make this for me when we were dating. He knew how much I loved it, and knowing that we can enjoy it even with our lifestyle change, that just makes me happy… and nostalgic.
What You Need:
2 large tomatoes
1 ball of fresh mozzarella
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
Directions: (serves 2)
- Cut 10 slices of tomato and 10 slices of mozzarella.
- Break off 10 pieces of fresh basil.
- Assemble – tomato first, then mozzarella, and basil on top.
- Drizzle 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic to taste.
- Add sea salt and black pepper (to taste).
- Serve – 5 pieces each. Enjoy!
21-Day Fix Container Counts:
Tomato – 1/2 green
Mozzarella – 1 blue
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 tsp
These can be spruced up and made into a very ROMANTIC appetizer. Use a heart cookie cutter and cut the pieces of mozzarella into the shape of hearts. This would be great for an anniversary dinner, birthday, or Valentine’s Day. Share the LOVE!