Lemon Pesto Chicken
Ok, this turned out to be a DELICIOUS accident. I had some chicken… I had some pesto… I really wasn’t sure what to do with it, so I figured I would attempt something new with the hopes of having success. It was a huge success for ALL family members, toddler included! Enjoy!
Serves 4 (or you could double the recipe if needed)
What You Need:
4 Chicken Breasts (thawed)
1/2 c Pesto
1/8 c Lemon Juice
1/2 c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken, pesto, and lemon juice in a large ziploc bag.
- Remove the air from the bag and seal.
- With your hands, move the ingredients around to make sure the chicken gets covered nicely.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray and place chicken pieces and excess pesto onto the dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle cheese over top of each piece of chicken and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn broiler on high and broil for 5 minutes or until cheese begins to brown slightly.
- Remove and serve over whole wheat pasta. Pour some additional pesto sauce onto the pasta for added flavor.
21-Day Fix Container Counts:
Chicken – 1 red
Pasta – 1 yellow
Cheese – 1/2 blue
Never be afraid to play with ingredients. You never know what you might get!