Fiesta Shrimp and Pasta
What You Need:
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 (12 oz) bag of large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (thaw for quicker cook time)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (for serving)
- Combine all seasonings and shrimp in bowl, toss to coat
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp when pan is hot.
- Cook each side for about a minute (if thawed).
- Remove shrimp when cooked.
- Pour broth into the skillet and scrape the brown bits. Bring to a boil until the broth thickens.
- Remove skillet from heat and add shrimp back into the thickened broth. Toss to coat.
- Measure out pasta and plate. Place shrimp on top. Drizzle excess liquid over the dish.
- Top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
21-Day Fix Container Count:
Shrimp – 1 red
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Pasta – 1 yellow
Instead of using pasta (if you are preserving your yellow containers), use zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash instead. Same great flavors – different containers!
Veggies – 1 green