Buffalo Chicken Salad
What You Need:
2 lbs chicken tenderloins
8 tbsp hot sauce (I use Frank’s) – will be divided
4 tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp paprika
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 can of black beans – drained and rinsed
1 can of whole kernel corn – drained and rinsed
4 Roma Tomatoes
Bleu cheese crumbles
Organic ranch dressing
- Combine 2 tbsp of hot sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper, in a small mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add chicken. Toss to coat. Marinate covered in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- You can either choose to grill the chicken or bake in the oven at 375 degrees.
- If grilling, lightly spray the chicken with olive oil cooking spray and grill until cooked through.
- If baking, place in baking dish sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
For salad prep:
- Place 2 cups of romaine lettuce in each bowl.
- Add 1 diced roma tomato to each bowl.
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn. Mix together. Add 1/2 cup of corn/bean mixture into each bowl.
- Sprinkle with bleu cheese crumbles.
- Once chicken is cooked, place back into bowl and mix in the remaining 6 tbsp of hot sauce. Dice (3/4 cup) and place over top of each salad.
- Drizzle two tablespoons of dressing over top or place on the side.
21-Day Fix Container Counts:
Lettuce and Tomato – 1 1/2 green
Corn/Bean Mixture – 1 yellow
Chicken – 1 red
Bleu Cheese – 1/2 blue
Dressing – 1 orange
See Buffalo Chicken Bowl recipe for a great leftover option!